Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life is spinning around me. I have known for a long time that it is out of my control. The end result, that is. Having just said that, perhaps I still have a bit of difficulty swallowing it. Perhaps my Monday child is right after all. Could I be a control freak? I thought about that just this moment when I tried to figure out why I decided to chop off my hair today. It has been long for several years now. I have never been particularly attached to it one way or another but I believe that subconsciously I needed to control something. And that I did. A nice pile of hair was brushed from under my chair as Mary Jo pushed it along to the hole on the floor. I stood up and felt ten pounds lighter.

Was it the weight of the hair or the satisfaction of having been the one controlling the end result?

Mary Jo wanted to dye my gray hair. I did that once before. I told her that if I dyed it I would have to go around singing "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen"....(I actually sang it out loud ). She said, you're right. With that voice, no one wants to hear it. Then we are agreed. I will have to keep my gray as a testimony to the troubles I've seen....

We both laughed like crazy! I pulled out my laptop to show everyone pictures of my precious Sunday's child (granddaughter). I bragged shamelessly like a true grandmother.

1 comment:

P. said...

Normalment faz - nos sentir bem cortar o cabelo. Pintar é que eu não pinto.