Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bone Tired

I have to to slow down and do a thorough self examination. I have been scattering myself in all directions and my body and mind are showing it.

Took my mother for a doctor's appointment only to get there and find the office closed. I was early. Extremely early. The appointment is not until tomorrow. I felt foolish. It's hard to get my mother out of the house. I thought I was so organized because I made an additional appointment for her at the pain clinic so that she would only have to go out once and take care of two issues. Only problem now was that we had four hours to kill.

So here I stood, looking at my mother, who was looking at me, confused, but with more a look of concern than confusion. I cracked a joke. So, you think you are getting dementia? By the time I reach your age, I will be lucky to remember my name!

1 comment:

P. said...

I know how you feel. Looks like we are having what our mothers only now are geting. For instance: only now my mother is having high blood pressure. I have it since a year ago. I forget everything except the old things.

Alfazema