Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Days

July is coming to an end very quickly. For a couple of weeks now we have had a daily thunderstorm and tremendous downpours. This puts a damper on projects to be done outdoors and summers being as short as they are in this neck of the woods it brings some pressure into the picture.

Not all is bleak though. I am delighting on my daily reports from my Monday child. Sunday's child is developing marvelously and I feel the joy twofold when I hear it in the voice of my daughter who is experiencing it all for the first time. Another little genius has made its debut.

Meanwhile, across the country, my Tuesday child needs cuddling. I cuddle the phone for hours since I cannot cuddle her. Another root canal today has her needing comforting. My voice soothes her still even though she is a full grown woman and I take turns talking to my four furry grandchildren. They perk up they little ears, familiar to the sound of my voice.

Another stormy summer day comes to an end. Downstate, a little genius had a BIG milestone. Way out west, my big baby soothes her cheek with an ice pack.

Good night my kiki babies...

No comments: