Sunday, July 20, 2008

Etobicoke & Cinese Food

Had a delightful day yesterday. Unexpected reunion with my Canadian "family". Not biological family, but very much family nevertheless. They came into town to celebrate their granny's 85th birthday. A. who is as organized as I am gave me only a two day notice that the entire crew would be traveling to the States.

It is at times like these that one realizes how time has flown by. These five "babies" that I held in my arms are now men and women with spouses and children of their own. Tall, handsome men and lovely ladies. My godson sports a full beard that I really like. I try to recall the cherubic face that once upon a time smiled toothless. T. who use to hide behind the sofa due to her extreme shyness is now a protective mother of a seven year old precocious boy. C. despite her 34 years of age hung on to me with hugs and kisses just the same way she did when she was a toddler. She melted my heart, the same way she did 34 years ago when I first met her and she was a mere three months old. The twins who seemed to always be entangled in mischief are charming young men with beautiful wives.

I felt proud of them. Proud that they have remained close as siblings. Proud that they have turned out so well.

We shared such a big part of our lives together. So many memories. So many sweet memories.

It was nice to add another one to the long list of sweet memories!

No comments: