Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two weeks ago, I rushed from the car into the house to avoid the 100F. Today, I rushed from the car into the house to avoid the 34F and the frigid mixture of rain and snow flurries.

Of all the glorious fall days we have had, my mother chose today to go for a ride in the country. It made sense to her. When the weather is great, I cannot tear her from her beloved garden. What could she possibly do with this miserable weather? Off we went towards Marcellus and Skaneateles. Witnessed the spectacular dance of the brilliant leaves being whipped by the wind and the snow. As we moved towards Skaneateles, the snow became quite dense and it actually started to cover the fields.

The water on the lake was choppy and turbulent. I like it that way. Normally only ripples are seen as a result of the sailboats, but when it is whipped by this strong wind I find it more comforting than its usual stillness.

The roads were not icy because the ground is not yet cold enough. Tomorrow will be a different story.

We are expected to get 4-8" of snow overnight.

Life in Central New York returns to normal. Shovels, scrapers, scarves, gloves, face masks.....Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

1 comment:

P. said...

I wish I could say let it snow. We just have a tiny bit of cold here. And I'm so happy with our 17º C !