Saturday, January 17, 2009


The weather has been brutal. Absolutely brutal. The highs have been hovering around 6F. That in itself would be enough but the wind...Oh the windchill factor took us to -15F. Even the ski clothes could not keep out the effects of this most furious show of mother nature.

After driving only a few blocks, my hands became so numb that I could not insert the key into my front door. It has been a long time since I felt this severe cold.

Today, I only left the house to pick up my granddaughter. The heating system blasting in the car and her little face covered by a thick blanket to go the five feet between the car and the house.

We are staying put. We are not venturing out till mother nature's performance is over.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

P. said...

Wow! And we say it's cols here.

ALfazema