Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reality Bites

Posted by Picasa



To try and make it sink into my brain that I am FAT, my daughters put on my jeans; each fitting perfectly well into one leg.
I have the opposite dilemma of a former fat person who loses weight and never sees
herself thin. I was always extremely thin. In these past few years I gained the weight of another person. I am twice the woman I use to be.

As I see it, if women of my age retained the beauty of their youth, with the wisdom we gained across the decades the poor skinny girls would be out of luck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh!!!
Exactly!
This is what I have been struggling with for the last 10, 15 years???
"I am twice the woman I was when I started to work here"... I still do not see it but my jean’s size confirm it... a sentence that I have used to sink it all in, to laugh it of...

Is there such a thing as the opposite of anorexia?

...maybe Mother Nature knows what it is doing…

Again, your words hit the nail on the head.
Thanks.

Sheila said...

LOL...welcome to my world..!
I just think there is more of us to love..!
;o)